Maternity Session FAQs
• What to wear - I don't keep maternity dresses. Most cost around $20 on Amazon. There are too many styles for me to keep them as props. You can wear everyday clothes or buy something special. There are really tons of options.
• Emotions, Persona - How you feel will come through in the picture. If everyone is happy then your images will be happy. If you are worried about your lumps and acne, it will show in your facal expressions. Start your session with snack and happy thoughts and your session will be much better. I tend to joke around a lot which adds to smiles.
•Husbands and Kids - If you want to add kids to the session, please leave hard discipline at home if you can. I too like disciplined kids but a happy kid will give you happy pictures. Play with them, bribe them, softly lie to them if need be. This is one hour. Life can go back to normal after the session. If they aren't feeling like sit and smile pictures, then don't force it, it will look forced. Allow your child to be themselves and the images will be great. Same goes for Husbands... lol Seriously though, don't overcorrect or dictate. No one wants disinterested expression in their photos. ASK them what they want, communicate what you want and compromise. If you send me example pictures, please also show these to your husband and kids. Many times they have no idea what we are doing. Clue them in so that they too are prepared.
• Clothing Changes - I suggest that you don't. It takes time away from your session and your collages could look eclectic instead of classic. Instead I suggest you use accessories like scarves, cardigans or jackets that you can start with and then remove them through the session. But you can change 40 times if you want to. ;)
• Entourage & Watchers - Please limit the number of people at the session. Most of the time they draw your eye from me to them and you don't get the best picture. I will guide you through your sesion and make sure you like the way you look. All the style and look conversation needs to be with me not your entourage to get the best images. If you don't like certain things that your hair does or bangs or flips or whatever, tell me that so we can correct and repose. I cannot photoshop hair. It is one of the hardest things to make natural.
• Locations - I have a long list of locations on my Session Info Page but basically I can take a picture pretty much anywhere that there is light. I use locations all over the city. I use the den in my home as a studio (I've done it for 10 years now) and I also take my studio set up to other people's homes. I have even set up on a driveway. What really matters is the type of picture that you want. If you don't know, then look through my portfolio and client galleries for ideas. Locations outside of Alb city limits do have a fee. Please see my Session Info page.